Why use a travel agent?
An experienced travel agent can provide services for you, save you time and make sure the destination and resort will be best for you and your traveling companions.

Is it more expensive to use an agent?
No. We have access to wholesalers who contract with airlines and resorts. The internet affords us the ability to research and find the vacation of our dreams. I encourage you to bring this information to me and we will work together.

When should I arrive at the airport?
Due to heightened security the airlines advise passengers to arrive about 

1 1/2 hours earlier prior for domestic flights and 2 1/2  - 3 earlier for international flights.

What are the restrictions for my carry-on bag? 
Your carry-on should measure no more than the total of 45" (add the height, width and depth).  Please check with your airline's website as some may be changing their requirements.

Do I have to pay a fee for checking my luggage? 
Many airlines are now charging a fee for one or two checked-in bags.  Please consult your individual airline's website as each airline has different requirements and fees.

What kind of documents do I need to travel outside of the United States?
U.S. citizens are required to carry a valid passport when traveling outside of the U.S. to international destinations, Mexico, Canada and Caribbean.  Non-U.S. citizens need to check with the Consulate of the country to which you are visiting.

How do I apply for a Passport?
You can obtain passport applications from your local post office, county clerk or town hall in some towns, or at major passport agencies. You will need to bring your original government-issued Birth Certificate with a raised seal and two passport-size photos (some local agencies, post offices and local stores will provide the photo service).

Note:  It is mandatory that your passport must expire at least 6 months after your return travel date.

Rockland County's passport office is located at the County Clerk Office, 

27 New Hempstead Road in New City, 845-638-5070 (located in the rear of the Court House). 

Do I need a Visa to visit a foreign country?
Most countries do not require a Visa; however, Brazil, China, Australia, India, & Vietnam do require one. You can obtain a complete listing, information and applications by calling 202-663-1225 or go to their website: http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/brochures/brochures_1229.htm

Where can I get information about vaccination requirements or contracting a foreign disease?
You can find current information from the Center for Disease Control at www.cdc.com 

How can I find out about terrorist or state warnings?
You can find current information at http://travel.state.gov

I'm 17 years old. Can I travel with my 18-year old friend?
Most hotels in the United States only accept 21 year olds, but it will need to be verified with the hotel directly. The young adult also has to show a credit card in their name (not a parent’s charge card) when checking into the hotel. 

You also need to carry a notarized letter from both parents (regardless of marital status) stating they are giving you permission to travel outside of the U.S.

I was told I need to get my spouse's permission to take my under 

18-year old child out of the country.  Is this true?
Yes, regardless of marital status, the traveling parent needs to carry a notarized letter from the other parent giving permission for the child to leave the country. 

Is it safe to drink the water in Mexico & the Dominican Republic?
The majority of resorts purify their water. It is advisable not to drink the tap water when brushing your teeth---most resorts supply bottled water. If you are traveling in a remote area, it is wise to drink a brand-name bottled water. A good suggestion:  carry Imodium----just in case.

Can I take my infant child on a cruise?

The baby must be at least 6 months old (check with the individual cruise company for their policy).  The baby needs identification such as a government-issued birth certificate (if traveling from/to the U.S.) or a passport.

Which countries use the Euros?
Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal and Spain. 

Why should I purchase travel protection and does it cover terrorist attacks?
Travel protection is strongly recommended and gives you peace of mind while enjoying your vacation. Life happens and can be unpredictable. It is best to insure your vacation investment as well as providing medical/dental coverage, baggage loss or damage, travel delays & missed connections due to weather conditions or mechanical issues, etc. Some companies will cover terrorist attacks, but only if the destination is on the passenger's itinerary. For more details the travel insurance company can provide more complete details on the policy purchased.